So I took over a project from a local friend who needed to sell his baby....Wilma, that's what he named her and that's what she'll be called. She will be turned into a solid expedition rig equipped to do almost anything......well that's the plan anyhow. The deal done, I drove her to my house with my wife behind me and there she sat for the night. I figure between the 2 Scouts I can make 1 REALLY decent 1. Today was the start of the "assessment" She didn't run very well and I narrowed it down to the carb, changed it with a "known good" one and wa-la............she runs like a top now. There is a knock on deceleration only and it sounds like its on #2. I also have pulsing oil pressure by the gauge...I didn't run it for a long time to see if it quiets down cause I am still into the assessment phase to make a game plan and haven't checked the rest of her fluids. The trans is a bit noisy and all the mounts (engine/trans) are trash and need to be changed. It drives like the spring bushings are toast also, and it needs new body mounts. All the cables, choke, throttle, and heater have been cut, the only one that will need to be replaced is the heater. The others will not be used, although I may want the dead-mans throttle. The original wiring all seems to work as do the gauges, factory and aftermarket. I don't know if the gauge pod that is where the radio goes is a home built or some weird accessory that was available back in the day, but I like it and will use it in the build. It has some weird pedestals for the seats that are WAY to tall and the seats are trashed, but I have some good buckets that I can use and I will just have to figure out the mounting. The plan....... Take her to the shop and pull the body off the frame and replace the body mounts while adding a 1" body lift for the needed clearance for tires and the taller 196 engine, so I can work on it and not have to modify the firewall. I may use the 196 that's in the 63 cause I know its in great condition and it is already modified for unleaded fuel. Suspension will be handled by lift springs, possibly CJ 4" lift springs or the CPT 2.5" springs, I haven't decided yet, and I will stay SUA. For now I will keep the D27 in the front while looking for a front Waggy or SII D44 with disc brakes to replace it with in the future. That's all for now!