800A clutch linkage

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by supermerle, Jan 12, 2019.

1. supermerle

supermerle Binder Driver

I posted this in my build thread but I haven't got much response;so, help if you can? Well; the devils in the details as they say. In picture one is the cross shaft ; which has new ball busing, but I can move the shaft left or right about 2-3"? In picture two shows diagram of linkage and I think I'm missing item #14 (like some spacer that holds clutch fork centered ?)
    I just have diagram so can somebody tell me what the book calls item #14?
    cross shaft.JPG linkage.jpg

2. Hueste

Hueste Farmall Cub

I wish I could help, I was about to post my own clutch linkage questions. I am working on a Scout 2 but i am curious where the spring mount (item#7) bolts to on yours? maybe its the same or similar so the S2?

3. winchested

winchested Y-Block King

#7 Bolts to one of the 1/2" bell housing/ engine bolts. #14 is just a rubber dust shield.

Supermerle: You could use a piece of 1/2" hose to fill that gap from the side of your ball stud bracket. Your Z-bar is also opposite of that in the Scout two diagram you posted. Is that A factory Scout 800 clutch linkage or homemade to use a later Scout II engine/ trans?

4. supermerle

supermerle Binder Driver

H I was wondering the same thing about #7
    W That's a good idea on the hose. I believe it is the original linkage. I was wondering if the Z bar needs rotated? If anybody has a 800 maybe they could snap some pic's.
    I've now have to reinstall the tranny and T/C so I can get the linkage lined out. I may try and find some derlin to use for spacers. I'm thinking the linkage is the source of my rattle?