800 windshield washer

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by robgimmel, Jul 30, 2014.

1. robgimmel

robgimmel Binder Driver

Just thought I'd post a note after seeing a post in the parts wanted section for a windshield washer bottle. To my knowledge there have been no reproduction bottles made and the old ones crack in short order. However I have found a reproduction pump for anyone looking. Look for a pump for a 65 Mustang, it's an exact fit. FYI

2. Tito's Rig

Tito's Rig Farmall Cub

Do a search for GM part # 793944 washer bottle. I found a couple priced very reasonably. It works well for my '69 800 application. It fits the original round bracket setup and has the recess molded into it. Nipple dia matches pump as well. Just hooked everything up yesterday all is well. It is has a breather cap which is differnt than original and the clearance to the fender is minimal but it is a great substitute.

3. Dana Strong

Dana Strong Dreams of Cub Cadets

FWIW, I did a quick search and didn't find that bottle. One I did find GM 22127591 (15075025) looks similar in shape to the one on my 800B which mounts (bolts) on the firewall above the steering. Mine has the pump mounted to its bottom by a large plastic nut/rubber seal over the round plastic pump inlet, and probably was only used on later 800's.

4. Tito's Rig

Tito's Rig Farmall Cub

Are you sure that setup is stock for your rig? I do not know of other variations for 69/70 800's anyway. Imagine it has to be different for earlier variants but not sure. Here are the original pieces for my '69 800A and a reference picture of the washer bottle installed. Notice how the GM part is spot on for the IH part except for the lid. I got mine for 11 bucks. BTW my 69 washer pump is the same type you mention.. the 65 mustang type.[​IMG]

5. Tito's Rig

Tito's Rig Farmall Cub

bracket[​IMG]

6. Tito's Rig

Tito's Rig Farmall Cub

69 washer reservoir installed.[​IMG]

7. Tito's Rig

Tito's Rig Farmall Cub

GM equiva[​IMG] lent part

8. Dana Strong

Dana Strong Dreams of Cub Cadets

Yes, I've had the Scout since it was nearly new. My unit is listed in the parts book as 394 120 C91 for the tank, 400 356 C1 for the cap, 404 618 C1 for the pump and 397 392 C11 for the bracket.

9. Colin Rush

Colin Rush Man of Voive Staff Member Moderator

Tito, could you verify and repost that GM part number? I have searched for it online, and nothing even remotely like that round one comes up. It is only six digits long, whereas all of the GM part numbers that I see have seven digits, so I suspect you left one digit out. I have also searched with many variations and combinations of "GM", "round", "universal", "reservoir", "equivalent", et cetera. Nothing comes up that is remotely similar to the round IH reservoir bottle.