800 Sagging Doors

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Greg704, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Greg704

Greg704 Farmall Cub

I have a 1967 Scout 800. i bought new hinges, put them on.
    first problem.

The door opening is now 3/4 of an inch to small. i'm hoping i can put a jack in there and open it up. The problem is due the my body work i'm sure.

Next,

the door still had a huge sag in it. way low. Is there a way to adjust the hinges??

Any help please.... Thanks

[​IMG]

2. BuffScout

BuffScout Farmall Cub

Before you put your new hinges on, did you replace all body bushings? New bushings will make a big difference if you haven't already replaced them. Did you get the correct ih hinges?

3. guidolyons

guidolyons High Wheeler

^^^ How are your body mounts? There are 9 (1 strip under radiator, 2 under driver/passenger floor, 2 mid-body mounts under the bed by the step, and 4 along the back crossmember) The driver & passenger mounts as well as the mid-body mounts tend to sag/collapse/break off the frame.

Did you mark the doors and jambs before you swapped hinges? There is a small amount of adjustment in the hinges. The hinges bolt to a captured nut plate that "floats" in the door jamb and door. Loosen up the mounting bolts slightly and you can move the hinges around a bit ~1/4". A 1/4" at the hinge can make a big difference at the latch.