Tackled some of the common issues with the 80/800 tanks today. One thing to note is the stock tanks have a very small pickup and fuel line in the 4cyl scouts and the v8's aren't much better. So while repairing the tanks i replace the pickup line with all new upsized line. For the 4 and 6 cyl I prefer the 5/16" line and if running a v8 then I upgrade to 3/8" line. This is a good upgrade anytime but if you have thoughts of an engine upgrade or EFI, you really should do it. I use the common steel brake line you can pick up at any parts store in premade lengths with flare nuts on each end. the pickup line is about 26" so I got a 60" one and cut it in half. A little heat from a propane torch and the original fitting comes off the end. They are just soldered on. Here's the old with the new 5/16 that I bent with my cheap hand tubing bender. With the 5/16 tube I drilled the original bracket hole out with 1 size larger bit. 21/64. Then slipped the bracket on the tube. If you noticed, I used a cutoff wheel to open up the top of the bracket fitting hole since you can't make as tight of a 90* bend at the top as the original tube had. Then I sand the coating off where I want to solder and place it in the vice to hold it. Then heat and apply flux to clean it and then heat and apply solder to tin both pieces and solder together. When done, I made the lower bend to match the original and then used the cutoff wheel to cut the tip to match. Simple flare unions and more line can be used to complete the upgrade. I replaced the gauges with some universal ones that matched the originals so I picked up a couple new sending units. I simply modified them to match the movement of the originals and then removed the top mounting plate and replaced them with the plates from the original sending units. Pay attention to the hole location. They only go on the tank one way. You can see the new one as it came out of the box and then how i modified it by removing the drop extention and then turned the arm movement 90*. Then I just bent the float arm to match the original. Once I figured out what I needed it to do, it went together pretty quick. The second tank was much faster. I'll get some more pics as I finish this up and get the sending units installed. Then I'll replace the rest of the fuel lines to match.