75 scout clutch question

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by michigan scout, Jun 14, 2019.

1. michigan scout

michigan scout High Wheeler

Hey gang, I have reseached/searched some to try to answer my question but haven't found it. I took a motor and trans/t-case out of a scout, supposidly 20k on it, was plucked all together and reinstalled it in another scout. Since it was low miles and guy said it ran and shifted good i never spit any of it apart. The scout that recieved this transplant I did add 2" body lift on it.

Here is the issue that I have, depress clutch, it shift in just fine, when releasing it only grabs last couple inches. would this be in the linkage need adjusted now? Where would the adjustment be?

2. Dana Strong

Dana Strong Dreams of Cub Cadets

The engine, bell housing, clutch and transmission are all mounted on the frame. The clutch pedal is mounted in the body, which you moved away from the frame, so yes, (unless it used a cable or hydraulic system), you changed how the linkage needs to work. You may need to fabricate new longer parts, as any linkage adjustments already there shouldn't be able to accommodate the change you made.
    As often, more details or good pictures would be better at showing the exact situation and allow for more detailed suggestions.

3. winchested

winchested High Wheeler

I did new body bushings and a 1.5" lift puck. There was just enough adjustment in the clutch rod to extend it where it needs to be for throw out bearing travel.

With a 2" lift on top of new bushings I think you will need to cut one of the ends of the clutch rod and add 1-2" of rod in the weld it back together.