'73 Interabominational Raptorall

Discussion in 'Binder Builds' started by 6BTravelall, May 4, 2020.

1. Jeff Jamison

Jeff Jamison Lives in an IH Dealership

I have a nice grill and I would trade,but you are to far away.

6BTravelall likes this.
  2. 6BTravelall

6BTravelall Farmall Cub

PA is a good hike, someday we will make that trek but not for atleast a year.. moving to WA end of the year wont be cruising anywhere for atleast 6 months after that.

3. 6BTravelall

6BTravelall Farmall Cub

Well nothing like stacking bad on top of bad.. fab guys said due to covid they had to order the boxed steel for the rear xmember, 3 days now and they havent been able to get it.. yeah those guys are fired.

If I had a get outta jail free card now is when I'd use it.. just measured the boxed steel piece for the new fab guy that's coming tomorrow and thought "hey let's measure the width of the body mounts" frame = 38" wide, rear 6 body mount holes = 38" wide... I know its probably going to be 'easier' to drill new body mount holes in the body but I don't want to do that (who doesnt like the hard way?) Any advice from my fellow IH'ers?

4. 6BTravelall

6BTravelall Farmall Cub

I'm thinking 3/16" boxed steel, 3" x 3" and notch the frame out, drop the 3x3s down about 2" into the frame (gotta clear shock mounts) weld them babies up, drill em out, and ofcourse this is going to require setting the body, marking everything, removing the body, and setting the body again..

5. MrKenmore

MrKenmore Y-Block King

The rear mounts on the flat cargo area should be able to be relocated inward if needed. Maybe a little outward also. You'd have to redo the way it secured. Recreating that dimple recess is hard.

6. 6BTravelall

6BTravelall Farmall Cub

Yeah that's how I didnt want to do it haha, were going to use 3/16" boxed steel, notch the frame so the boxed steel sits 2" in the frame 1" above the frame, the bushings are a 2 1/4 x 1" square. The rear shock mounts stand about 1 1/4" above the frame rails so that'll give me 3/4" clearance. Now the fun begins.. in going to measure everything about 20 times tonight since were going to make those 6 rear mounts before setting the cab.. last thing I want is to have to redo any work.

7. 6BTravelall

6BTravelall Farmall Cub

8 hr day in the garage im guessing about 110 out... I think we spent about 4 hours it feels like just to get the body on, only had 5 guys here and you probably need 8 to lift these cabs comfortably.

I've got an easy 2 1/4 in the engine bay were going to have to move the engine and trans xmember back 2 1/4 in order to keep the intercooler
    20200703_162713.jpg

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    Arkansas Dave and MrKenmore like this.
  8. 6BTravelall

6BTravelall Farmall Cub

Using Energy Suspension 9.9535g for body mount bushings, dimensions work perfect and they're 70A durometer so NVH won be bad at all.

9. 6BTravelall

6BTravelall Farmall Cub

20200706_145331.jpg Paid about 300 bux for the whole setup, probably could not have found a better bang for the buck on new stuff.

10. MrKenmore

MrKenmore Y-Block King

Nice! How are you doing the double DIN? Where are your speakers going?

11. 6BTravelall

6BTravelall Farmall Cub

I'm using everything from the dodge including the dash, double din will be custom almost finished with that I kind of set it to the side honestly I've got so much going on its not funny.. I've got parts in my kids bedrooms, the kids lego room is half full of parts, sometimes I dont know where to start lol... as far as placement goes I'm leaning towards up in the headliner, not 100% sure yet, they might end up in the door panels not at that point yet but I know these seats are going to be tight against those door panels so they probably won't fit there either.

12. MrKenmore

MrKenmore Y-Block King

Don't feel bad! My living room now has a front seat and the backseat in it!!!

13. J.J.

J.J. Lives in an IH Dealership

WOW, you really will have a running and driving truck by the end of summer!

JJ in TN

14. 6BTravelall

6BTravelall Farmall Cub

I wish I could say the same... my stuff is spread out between 6 different rooms, the kitchen island is 100% dedicated/ covered in parts. I honestly have no idea how I've gotten away with that lol, wife has not had an island for about a month.
    Haha hopefully, im sure I will not be spraying the exterior until I can catch a cool 80 degree morning or night, I finished spraying a gallon on the interior floor/firewall/rear compartments at 2am.. it was still too hot. Probably looking at late September

15. 6BTravelall

6BTravelall Farmall Cub

Don't mind the ugly patch where PO xfer case exploded.. went through 4 t-shirts lastnight; prep, masking, spraying, and cleanup.. can't wait to move out of this hell hot state
    20200711_095447.jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    MrKenmore likes this.
  16. 6BTravelall

6BTravelall Farmall Cub

still toying with the notion of leaving the engine where its at, losing the intercooler and mech fan.. will be installing 4 smaller elec fans and probably water to air intercooler if i go that route.. sounds like those things are nearly useless on a 12valve though. I just noticed the 12valve Travelette is posted in skunkwerks.. my apologies if I have posted in the wrong section and MOD feel free to move.

17. Alex

Alex Farmall Cub

Please don't move it. I like this thread right here.
    You're making great progress.
    I wish I knew how you guys get away with spreading your builds out over the whole house...

18. mongocanfly

mongocanfly High Wheeler

Haha...I live alone Alex...my living room is packed with boxes of parts

19. 6BTravelall

6BTravelall Farmall Cub

I'd be willing to bet if I had not decided (about a month ago ironically) to move to Washington at the end of the year that I would NOT be getting away with this hahah, the wife is extremely happy about the upcoming move. Thanks man, if it weren't 110+ here in AZ I would be making alot better progress..

20. 6BTravelall

6BTravelall Farmall Cub

Well, screwed myself on the seats... thought it would be cool to stuff 6 comfy buckets in, did not take into account they would not be centered on the dash and steering column. So picked up another set that definitely fits with room to spare and is centered perfectly. 20200716_162515.jpg Received some color samples from Stock Interiors, top to bottom is; gray, dark gray, mist gray, and medium gray
    20200720_224104.jpg ordered the mist gray. Not a very productive weekend, been hopping around between making some seat mounts and repairing my brittle dash.

Attached Files:

MrKenmore likes this.