'71 800B Rebuild - Jello Shot - Project #2

Discussion in 'Binder Builds' started by Bussy, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Comanche Scott

Comanche Scott High Wheeler

x2
    Will you be doing calendar signings at major events throughout the year Tracy?
    Having followed along through the whole build, it's pretty dog-gone cool to see your rig on a calendar. :beer:

tim vaughan and Bussy like this.
  2. Bussy

Bussy High Wheeler

Haha! Not likely Scott but thanks for the comments. There is still lots to do on this Scout, one of which might be finding a new name. I may be taking it down to the frame here pretty soon but I've got other jobs in line. After I finish with the John Wayne, I have another buddy that wants me to fix up his heep - '95 Wrangler. So we'll see. Bussy is still waiting on some love too.

tim vaughan likes this.
  3. JP800A

JP800A Farmall Cub

Great Job! This is the color scheme I am going for as well.

tim vaughan and Bussy like this.
  4. ziggybock

ziggybock Farmall Cub

Congrats on making the calendar T-Bone, that is a great accomplishment! Will there be a calendar signing at the next Bash??? I hope the "goat-boy" look isn't contagious after hanging out with Guido for the weekend:uhh::uhh:
    Let me know when you are ready to accessorize JS with some trail rashes, I would gladly help you out amigo!

-Z

jmait769 and tim vaughan like this.
  5. Bussy

Bussy High Wheeler

Hey Z, we missed you at the Roundup. I was hoping to do that then but Tres just took us around the park roads. I’m ready.

jmait769 and tim vaughan like this.
  6. ziggybock

ziggybock Farmall Cub

Yeah, he has been known to do that. Always looking for the Keebler Elves and their secret cookie tree....

I need to stop by the Binder Barn and check-out the paint job in person sometime soon plus your other projects.

-Z

tim vaughan likes this.
  7. Bussy

Bussy High Wheeler

Well stop by anytime. JS is going to the muffler shop on Monday for a “fix” but won’t be there but a day or two. Could use some Ziggybock knowledge on a couple things.

tim vaughan likes this.
  8. Bussy

Bussy High Wheeler

So I think my son may have come up with a new name for the Jello Shot. What do you think?
    IMG_2142.JPG
    Miss May. Kinda has a ring to it don't ya think?

9. Comanche Scott

Comanche Scott High Wheeler

Perfect! :beer:

Bussy likes this.
  10. Bussy

Bussy High Wheeler

So I have been doing a lot of thinking about the Jello Shot and what to do next. I had originally planned to take it down to the frame after the NTB Roundup but things changed and I've been busy working on another rig for a friend. But now I am thinking and saving $$ for more parts for turning the JS into a bit more of a trail rig. Since I live in the country anyway, I never go to the malls so I don't need a mall queen. Wherever I go, it is usually offroad. So I'm trying to come up with a list of parts, a priority list of things to do but I'm a rookie when it comes to trail rigs so here is my list as far as I have it in no particular order:
    Bumpers - front and rear with winch in front, tire carrier, jack and jerry can in rear, all with D rings for recovery. I've been looking at D&C equipment but they are pricey.
    Rock sliders - also looking at D&C but thinking about having a local guy weld them up for me, just need a design that works.
    Axles - SOA - different suspension? - I don't know whether to go Scout II axles or go bigger - Dana 60/GM 14 bolt? Overkill?
    wheels and tires - beadlocks and 35s? 36s? 37s?
    Fuel injection - Hamilton
    Onboard air and all the other little things that a good rig has stashed inside.
    rewire - probably need to do this at some point. No issues yet but probably a good idea.
    There are also a bunch of things I took off JS that would be nice to have back on - A/C and heat and even the vents. I broke one of the flapper handles when taking it off and didn't put it back on so I have vented air whether I want it or not right now. I also want to get the top cleaned up, painted, and an expedition style rack on top.
    I do still have that feeling the motor, trans, and TC all need to be gone over by someone who knows what they are doing as I'm not very experienced with any of them. I have a pretty healthy budget at this point since I haven't bought anything in a long time so I think I can get all these items if I can just decide which ones to get and in what order to do all these things. Then I guess the question is what will I have when I'm done? Any opinions, recommendations, or thoughts appreciated. TIA

11. 67NCScout

67NCScout Farmall Cub

Tracy,
    Is there any chance you could give me a measurement from the windshield frame to the end of the bikini top you used? I may go that route if it is long enough.
    Thanks,
    Damian

12. Bussy

Bussy High Wheeler

I bought the longest one that would fit the windshield frame but it only covers half of the back seat. They have a longer one but it wouldn’t fit the Scout windshield frame. I think it’s 55” front to back. The other one was 73” which would have been perfect. It is the Bestop Safari style for ‘92 Wrangler.

tim vaughan likes this.
  13. Jack H

Jack H Farmall Cub

Nice work! Good job on the build and congrats on the calendar. Maybe I missed it reading through, but what did you end up using to glue down your dash pad?
    Thanks,
    Jack

14. Bussy

Bussy High Wheeler

Thanks Jack. I decided not to use it so I sold the dash and arm rests. Now I’ve got JS up for sale and offers are exceeding $11K.

tim vaughan and JP800A like this.
  15. JP800A

JP800A Farmall Cub

It's worth it. Hold out!

16. Bussy

Bussy High Wheeler

Thanks John. At $12K, with each person looking it's going up $1K. Six more to look today thru Saturday.

tim vaughan likes this.
  17. JP800A

JP800A Farmall Cub

If I werent knee deep into mine, I'd be one of them looking and offering. Good luck Tracy!

BTW, I still have the steering box parts for you. It's been an out of sight, out of mind thing. Sorry.

18. Bussy

Bussy High Wheeler

Haha! I had forgotten all about them. I'll tell the new buyer. What all was in that box anyway? Getting old sure does make it hell to remember stuff.

tim vaughan likes this.
  19. tim vaughan

tim vaughan Farmall Cub

Good luck with the sale! Love jelloshot!

JP800A likes this.
  20. Bussy

Bussy High Wheeler

I’m sure I’m gonna have seller’s remorse!

JP800A and tim vaughan like this.