69 scout 800 headlight switch diagram

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by 69scout800a, Aug 31, 2016.

1. 69scout800a

69scout800a Farmall Cub

searched for about an hour.. found some scout II diagrams.. but looking for a link or image with what each connector is for on the headlight switch?
    attached is an image of the switch that i have in the truck.. first time poster so take it easy on me.. John

Attached Files:

2. George Womack

George Womack Y-Block King

3. 69scout800a

69scout800a Farmall Cub

yes, i know this diagram.. i was looking for something more specific like pin 1 on the headlight switch is for right turn signal , pin 2 is for ? etc..
    my truck has a sbc 350 and i am running all new wires (ezwire) which is setup for a standard GM configuration.. i can go with a gm headlight switch and i found the diagram for that one.. but wanted to keep the original.. image below is what i was hoping to find but for my switch..

just finished my 68 camaro.. so starting a new project.. had the truck about 2 months.. put on a lift kit, new tires and rims, rhino lined the bed.. working on the wiring now. has a sbc 350 with a t19 and stock trans and axles.. body in pretty good shape.. but she had lamp shape wires for the headlights!!
    thanks for any help.. John

Attached Files:

4. CazNeck79

CazNeck79 Binder Driver

The diagram George gave you says it all if you take the time to look at it. It shows the pins as seen from looking at the back side of the connector:
    16- headlight dimmer switch
    20- parking lights
    21- tail lights
    40- panel lights
    15- power supply
    118- turn signal flasher

5. 69scout800a

69scout800a Farmall Cub

thanks caz and george.. and i have this diagram printed out and posted next to my shi@@er, it got me through the ignition and column connections but i could not "see" how the switch worked, the number of terminals did not match up?.. but i see it now, its not that complicated!! maybe this is not an original switch or i was starring at it too long? in either case i have enough info now.. i will just do some trial and error.. thanks for the help.. John