5.3 Scout II

Discussion in 'The Skunkwerks' started by BO185, Jun 8, 2005.

1. scoutt

scoutt Farmall Cub

Yeah that might be a problem as I have 15" lift and rear shaft is perfect as it sits with stock stuff, If it gets shorter than that, it could be a problem for me. Curious if lowering the install and giving the TC a slight angle down will help any? Thank you, this thread has a lot of valuable information it.

2. BO185

BO185 Y-Block King

With that about of lift you really need a Scout Dana 300 for the fixed yoke and shorter output. The NP241 is strong but would be come the weak point with large tires and 1 tons I assume. Adding extra power of an LS will make things even worse. And you would need a SYE kit for the NP241. The Dana 300 is stronger than the NP241.
    Either way with a shorter Dana 300 or Slip yoke eliminated NP241 it will be fine just CV the out put and shim pumpkin as needed.

You could lower the TC just a little, a Dana 300 doesn't hang as low so that one could be lowered. An NP241 hangs lower were front drop is so you would have it hanging down lower if you dropped rear mount and may get into something. You really won't know till you mock it up to be sure. IN any case you'll need a SII Dana 300 with adapter to GM trans or a GM NP241 pass drop with a SYE kit. http://www.jbconversions.com/index2.php?pc=6

JB sells a std length SYE and a shorty, the shorty would gain more DS length for you.

3. scoutt

scoutt Farmall Cub

Thanks BO185, I'll more than likley stick with the dana 300. It appears that its about 5-6" longer than stock setup, so it may not be too bad if I lower it a bit.

4. BO185

BO185 Y-Block King

Point is with a CV on the TC, you shouldn’t need to lower the TC really. Unless its a really high angle. And you may need to clock the tc down for the front shaft as like I said the front output tucks up in the frame rails. You can get clocking rings or some adapters will let you clock them down one bolt hole.

scoutt likes this.