Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Binder Builds' started by java230, Jul 22, 2019.
I've been using evercoat filler....really good stuff..
Which Variety? Rage Gold (it appears they have multiple now...) is an Evercoat product.
I'm using rage extreme for the base filler and then metal glaze for the final finishing
Slow down, you're making me look bad! Nice progress. Check my build thread.....curious if you have the leaks rust/rot at the rear side windows due to bad gaskets.
At least yours runs!!!
Saw that, I have the same leaks. I do have a little surface rust there, no holes or anything though. Have not pulled the glass yet to fully dig in. Need another set of hands for that!
OK. Seems to be a common problem. I need some garage space. My one and only garage bay is taken up by the Terra. Travelall wouldn't fit anyway!
It does seem like a common leak spot.
Yeah I need to get this in paint asap. As long as my wife doesn't ask to take the boat out I'm ok..... I don't think I can get it out with the TA in the garage! And it doesn't move under its own power yet....
Do you have any more pics of your rear suspension and how it mounts to the frame?
I'll take some next time I crawl under. It uses the front spring hanger mounts to hold the control arms for thr rear axle.
Got a half hour in the garage last night. Borrowed a stud gun. Made porcupine. Pulled as best I could. Not enough. Pulled door inner skin..... Cant access that area! Ugh. Will continue to try from the outside, its ~3/16" low at the worst spot.
That area is in a no man's land of no access from the inside.
So I found out Pulled the inner door skin hoping to be able to reach it.... More studs it is!
Need to get this in epoxy. Its getting a little surface rust in spots! Eeekk.
Started cleaning the gutters. Whatever IH used for seam sealer is TOUGH.
And ground the studs off. Its not pretty. I have never used one before.... Too much heat, too much pull, ugh. Lots of mountains. They "should" all be just low enough to fill over (except a couple) but man did I make a mess.
So many trim holes..... 128 welded up so far. Have the front fenders to do still....
Threw a quick skim of duraglass over the welds, a few had little pits. Still have to grind and bondo the drivers side.
Now a question on epoxy prep.... There is old seam sealer, I can get most of it out, but not quite all (without hours and hours of dremel work) is that going to cause me issues? Same goes for old paint/primer is posts, if its roughed up with 80grit, is it ok to leave little spots?
And, seam sealer before or after epoxy? The is a tractor, they stuck panels together and seal sealed on the outside..... I stopped by the local body supply place, the suggested a SEM product, came is a caulk type tube, and stayed a little soft/flexible, but was paintable. Thoughts?
@Caddad65 here is the rear suspension pickup. Note its not quite done. Still need to nut and bolt everything.
Radius arm is mounted to the front spring hanger. Threaded bushing adjusts wheel location. Upper link is welded to the lower link, this allows for pinion angle adjustment, and controls axle wrap from one pickup point.
Links are parallel to the frame. Panhard bar (silver) controls side to side movement.
Most seam sealer requires at least a coat of primer before applying...then prime over the sealer...
If the old stuff is just tiny particles and can be buried under the new sealer, then I wouldnt worry about it
Cool, epoxy first was my Thinking too.
Paint progress has been made. Coworker traded me his big compressor for a new small one.
I need a couple more boards and a roof. And wiring amd piping.... But those are little details
Welded up all the fender holes. The good fender.
The bad fender....
Also drilled out the holes on the exhaust flanges. Not pretty, but it should work.
I'd be cautious about enclosing your compressor...they need air movement to keep from overheating