1967 Scout 800 Fuel no read out on Driver side

Discussion in '"International" Harvesters' started by Ved03, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Ved03

Ved03 Farmall Cub

Hi everyone
    There are so many smart and experienced Scout owners here i decided to see if anyone can help me with my gauge problem..
    I have acquired a 67 Scout, and since owning it for a year now, my dual tank selector toggle switch for the fuel gauge (under the steering wheel), reads full when flipped to passenger side and drops after a few days of driving to Empty although it still has a half tank left.
    My driver side one does not work and its always on Empty even when the tank is full.
    Previous owner told me he installed/ pulled sending unit on the driver side tank and found it working good....
    CVR wise i get pulsating 1-5volts (not steady) on my fuel gauge when flipping between both tanks...(?)
    Thanks for all your info and advice

NJScout67

2. walkersscout

walkersscout High Wheeler

Most likely the sender even still, but you can fairly easily check the wire by grounding it and seeing what the gauge does. I’m sure you will hear from the worryworts about a zero resistance check, but you are only touching it briefly to see if the gauge moves, not holding it there for a long time.

jeff campbell likes this.