1965 D1100 4x4 Line Setting Ticket

Discussion in 'General IH Tech' started by Gunfighter97, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Gunfighter97

Gunfighter97 Farmall Cub

I have an example of a two page LST, and I've been able to find very little info on how to go about looking at the second page. In addition I know verry little about some of the nuances of LSTs, and figured another example for academic value wouldnt hurt.
    Here's what I know about this truck; the story goes it was a telephone company truck (no way to verify), I know of (and live very close to) the dealership listed top right of the main page(its still in business as a J@hn Deeer). I did try to make contact with the owner successfully looking for any additional documents for sales or dealer installed options, however I was told that mid 90s when the dealer swiched brands all the IH records were "disposed of." And was unable to determine if that meant sent to an archive or sent to a bon-fire. For the record I bought this thing in Stockton so overall this truck hasnt ventured far in its life. Interestingly the main page is dated 4/2 while the second page is stamped "APR 1-9 1965"
    This truck has listed the T-16 (T98 transmission with driver side pto port), fitted with a Ramsey S35C pto, pto drive line and Ramsey Model 200-1 pto winch and bumper that all look correct to the period, however not mentioned on the lst that I have noticed. I doubt the bumper and setup was added later on since the bumper is held in place with IH head bolts that have a couple layers of various paint still there. There is also a correct utility rear bumper; the engine # is still correct. Lastly, does anyone know where the production #s can be found? I've seen them somewhere before for a huge variety of IH model codes and if I remember corectly the D1100 4x4 production number was fairly small compaired to the D1100, D1200, and D1200 4x4.
    Final note: censored the last three numbers of the vin for privacy sake. After the A in the vin on my data plate there is an additional # stamped in a different larger style, no idea if this has any meaning.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

2. BinderBookie

BinderBookie High Wheeler

The 4/02 date is when it was completed but 4/9 is when it was shipped in the "Nu Car Driveaway." If Springfield was anything like Fort Wayne, they would have a big hoopla where a bunch of trucks would be driven to their destinations... often by the dealer personnel. We can see that it was shipped by rail to Mulford, which was a station near San Leandro, California. Yuba City isn't far away so that's probably where the drive took place. If it was a regional event, there might be pictures and information in some of the period dealer/regional magazines and your could be in there!

Gunfighter97 likes this.
  3. mongocanfly

mongocanfly Binder Driver

I'm betting the bumper and winch may have been dealer installed and they just reused the IH bolts.
    I like where it says "cigar lighter"..instead of cigarette lighter...a real "mans truck".....i could see a scruffy old guy wearing a aluminum hardhat and chewing on a cigar ,driving it down the road..

Gunfighter97 likes this.
  4. Gunfighter97

Gunfighter97 Farmall Cub

The socket is still in the dash, no idea if the lighter is original or not. Funny thing is its not hooked up, and for the life of me I cant figure out where the wire ought to go. This truck has a period looking antenna, speaker and corect looking wire, were radios not listed on LST or is it likewise dealer?

5. stroker3

stroker3 Dreams of Cub Cadets

Depends if it was used much or not but the knob should match the others anyway. They simply screw on replacement elements that could be bought anywhere.

6. Gunfighter97

Gunfighter97 Farmall Cub

Its not original then, I dont think this one is the type with a removable knob. I'm doing a little more research on Valley Truck and Tractor, sounds like theres still several employees there that are old timers. They just celebrated their 70th anniversary last year.