1963 C1300 4x4

Discussion in 'The Truck Stop' started by AZDIESEL, Jan 3, 2013.

1. stroker3

stroker3 Lives in an IH Dealership

Those should be original. Looks like the axle mounts on my 1310. The only thing that looks somewhat altered in the pic is the angle of the shocks/frame mount.

2. Big Ed

Big Ed High Wheeler

Looks like you qualify to me.

Here's mine.
    [​IMG]

3. AZDIESEL

AZDIESEL Binder Driver

Even though my shocks are missing, I still have those bolt on brackets like in your photo.

Plus I got my line set from Barnes today...Thanks Brendan, and it confirmed that I had rear shocks.

[​IMG]

It also confirmed I have a FA52 front and the RA15 rear. It also confirmed the 4:88 gears. Which BTW, the 37's I put on the truck are perfect for. In fact, for around town driving I have been using the OD less because the 37's have lowered my RPM's down enough to not have use it all the time. Only when I get on the hiway.

I havent had much time but other progress ive made on the truck besides driving it everyday has been the installation of a tool box in the bed and some gas can on the side of the step side bed. I dont have a picture, but will update soon. Oh...and my truck came from San Diego!

4. Big Ed

Big Ed High Wheeler

Same axles and ring & pinion as mine. I drove mine several years with 36" tires and the ratio worked well,then in 2009 I went to 40" tires. Starting off in 2nd is a little bit much for it,even on flat ground. I often start off with the second box in 3rd gear to compensate,which makes it like the r&p is 5.48. Then once the 1st box is up to 3rd or 4th gear,I will shift the 2nd box up to 4th. It's like a super overdrive.

5. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Farmall Cub

Nice looking rig. That auxillary transmission is sweet!

6. Doc Stewart

Doc Stewart Content Team Staff Member Moderator

My 67 service truck is a 1300 2WD with a 10' service bed. Tool boxes added on the top of the side boxes makes it look tall. The electric crane on the right rear is useful and looks salty. Front push bumper makd from 8" channel iron has work lights. Rack and work lights on the rear.

Currently running a 304 as the 392 fell apart. T36 five speed replaced the T34 five with OD fifth - it tows a lot and the split between 3 and 4 was a pita in the hills. Rear is an RA15 with 4:30 gears and a Detroit locker. 235/85 R16 rubber. The rear step bumper is heavily reinforced to support the crane.

The electrical system has two batteries. One is for normal operation, starting and the like. The other operates anything that might be on when the engine is not running - crane, work lights etc.

It looks a dowdy but I like it that way as the tools in the boxes are worth more than the truck and I don't want too much interest.