Starting a thread for my 1957 S130. This truck belonged to my grandpa who had owned it since around 1998. He has always been an International truck user, and still has a couple of 70's era trucks in use on the farm. This truck was his oldest and was used for a couple of years before being put under a pole barn. My grandpa kept it around with the intention of one day restoring it, but recently decided he had too many projects and not enough time. He sold it to me with the promise I would not turn it into a rat rod. I picked it up earlier this year and towed it home. The wheels were locked up so we used a couple of tractors to push and pull it onto the trailer. The trip was an adventure. Forecast was to be cloudy but it ended up raining almost the entire drive home. Pro-tip, U-Haul car carriers are not really large enough to tow something of this size. Probably should have been obvious, but we made it work with a trip to Lowes for some weight which was added to the tounge. We added around 800 lbs and it was only just enough to make the trailer safe to tow. Once home we used a bottle jack and hand winch to push the truck backwards off the trailer and into the garage. After 5 hours of painstaking progress it was safely home. Once home and in the garage it was time to dig in and see what I was dealing with. The body is in fantastic shape with only a couple of small rust holes behind the driver side headlight. The frame is solid with minimal surface rust and no obvious cracks or dings. All the glass is in good shape, and the window cranks are in perfect working order. The interior is pretty decent as well. I pulled the seat and disgusting carpet before vacuuming out years of collected grain, mice droppings, mice, and dirt. The result is a very solid floor pan with no rust holes and some minimal surface rust. I plan on having the seat cleaned up with some new foam and vinyl covering. Otherwise, the interior is going to remain mostly untouched for the time being. The engine is an unknown. In classic form it "ran when parked", but that was at least 15 years ago so it will need work. I pulled the valve cover off and was greeted with some ugly rust on just about everything at the front of the engine. I have not attempted to rotate the engine yet as I do not have a socket that will fit the crank bolt and clear the frame. My guess is it will be seized judging by the valves but who knows, maybe I will get lucky. Seeing as this is a strait valve engine, I dont know if I want to rebuild it. I may try finding a good tilt-valve, or just go full engine swap and put something a bit more modern in its place. I have also pulled the front hubs and brakes apart in a bit more exploratory surgery. Everything came apart without much hassle, but the news was not too good. The drums have some serious grooves in the braking surface. I need to take them to a shop and see if they can be salvaged but my guess is they are too worn to be turned. I have been looking for some replacement drums but they are hard to come by it seems. With the absence of good replacements I have been throwing around ideas to continue on. I could convert the truck to 4x4, or use a custom axle made to fit Ford or Chevy spindles and brake hardware. Both options would also allow me to change bolt pattern to a more common size and open up the wheel choices if I need to replace them in the future. Ideally I will find a set of drums that are in good shape and keep things stock, but for now I am mulling the alternatives. So that is where I am at. Lots of things to consider before I start dumping money into it. At least the issues are all mechanical, those are easy to work around compared to what I have seen others dealing with.