1945 M5H6 Cargo Truck for sale

Discussion in 'IHC Military Vehicles' started by gmcjimmy1944, Jul 16, 2018.

1. gmcjimmy1944

gmcjimmy1944 Farmall Cub

Truck is 90% complete. Cargo version. Has correct bed. Located in McCloud, California. Bill of Sale only. Reduced to $600. cal m5h6.jpg Bill gmcjimmy1944@yahoo.com

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  2. George Yingst

George Yingst Farmall Cub

Somebody much closer than I will snap that up for the bed quick I hope. I"d be thrilled to buy it if anybody here is close to it and has a trailer that could haul it. I have no way to haul one that far and commercial trucking is too expensive for me.
    George

3. George Yingst

OK gang. This one is now off the market. Can't believe nobody closer jumped on it.
    I should be picking it up in a couple weeks. Did some creative borrowing to get a trailer capable of hauling it that I can pull with my diesel pickup. Will be a redeye trip when its done but should be well worth it.

4. youric

youric Farmall Cub

Saw it on eBay but couldn't make the logistics work. Glad it went to a good home and not the crusher.

dgregg likes this.
  5. George Yingst

I didn't realize he had also put it on ebay. Finally talked with a person where the truck is and unfortunately a tree had fallen across the cab since the picture was taken. Hard to tell from photos but other than crushing the home made hardtop I don't think the damage is all that extensive.
    Either way, the crusher is not an option for this truck unless I find the frame is broken or horribly cobbled up and I don't believe it is.

6. George Yingst

I'm getting too old for these 30+ hour road trips. Its home and safe from falling trees now. The bed is pretty rough but its there. Lots of good parts. The updraft manifold is there but the carb and air cleaner parts are gone. Has a dump hoist and we found the winch on an old ww2 chevy frame out back. A friend of mine is going back to get that hole thing.
    Drove into a bunch of snow/ice on the way down hwy 97. Started to come home that way but it was snowing so hard and the road surface was slush on top of ice so we turned around about 10 miles in and went up I-5 in the rain. Took an hour and half longer but was a smarter move. Suffered a flat tire on the trailer and trailer light issues with my buddies borrowed trailer but other wise was a good trip. No snow where we got the truck and it loaded pretty easy.
    I meant to take lots of pictures but we were so busy getting loaded before it got dark I didn't think of it until it was on the trailer. cal7.jpg cal5.jpg cal6.jpg cal1.jpg 1202181543d_resized.jpg cal3.jpg

Carl Childers and Big Ed like this.
  7. youric

youric Farmall Cub

Glad you and the truck survived the trip and the weather, let me know if you are looking for an updraft carb.