1934 C 1 parts sources sought please help!

Discussion in 'Triple Diamond Trucks' started by CACornPicker, Mar 3, 2020.

1. CACornPicker

CACornPicker Farmall Cub

I'm looking for brake system parts for a 1934 C 1 barn find.
    Ran well when parked in 1979!
    Now it needs master and wheel cylinders, and various hoses.
    I imagine some of you have faced this and have some awesome tips about what modern things will substitute!

I also need a couple of stock wire wheels, and the normal expendables such as fuel pump, carburetor kit, tune up parts, etc.
    Maybe even an engine gasket set, just in case.

It does turn over. And it looks excellent inside the pan, transmission, and rear end..

:banana:

2. George Yingst

George Yingst Farmall Cub

According to all the books I have read, 1936 was the first year for hydraulic brakes. I would suspect that is what you have regardless of what year it is titled as.
    No idea where to source parts from however...good luck.

3. Dana Strong

Dana Strong Lives in an IH Dealership

If no such new units are available, the old castings could probably be bored and sleeved. If needed, internal parts like pistons can be machined from bar stock or cast, using the lost wax process, perhaps modifying them a bit to work with modern rubber parts. Finding replacement original-dimension rubber parts might be a greater challenge, depending on how they differ from modern parts.

For members who've worked on such old vehicles, good pictures might go far in letting them know better what you'd be replacing. Casting numbers, if any exist, might also be useful in internet searches.

scout2000 likes this.