Aircraft Maintenance

Share This Page

ScoutsBikesNPlanes

Farmall Cub, from Dickinson, Tx

ScoutsBikesNPlanes was last seen:
Oct 5, 2013
    1. Julian 537
      Julian 537
      I almost have all the stuff to put fuel injection on the scout. I need the fuel pump, adapter plate for intake, and some fuel line. Then I will tackle the install. It is going to be sweet!
    2. Julian 537
      Julian 537
      Yes,

I have done it twice. You will need the press, fork, and there is a special socket to get the upper ball joint sleeve out. Press= Harbor freight $39, you can generally get it on sale for $25. Fork is cheap, and the socket it $7-10 at any auto parts store. I bought the press instead of renting it, because I have used it for tons of stuff. Brake jobs, u-joints, etc. I also purchased new seals for the back side of the hub. Take it all apart and PB blast it. Go eat lunch and come back. The ball joints will pop right out. It is a pretty straight forward job. I would get someone to help you press the lower ball joints back in. It is just easier with a second set of hands to keep everything aligned when you are pressing them back in.
      You will need to look up the torque specs for the upper ball joint sleeve and the ball joints them selves.
  • About

Aircraft Maintenance
    City (for Classified search):
    Houston
    State/Province (for Classified search):
    TX
    Country (for Classified search):
    USA
    [​IMG]

Signature

chris
    73- scout II 345... The Punkin :punk:

"The true test of character is not how much we know how to do, but how we behave when we don't know what to do.":wrenching:
  • Gallery Statistics

Number of Photos:
    Number of Comments:
    Number of Views:
    Disk space used:
      0.0MB
    Last Photo Uploaded:
    Last Comment Posted:
      None