Paul "Misterfixit" Schulz was last seen:
May 22, 2018 at 12:41 PM
    1. ADAM NANCE
      ADAM NANCE
      happy birthday paul!!!
    2. ihslave
      ihslave
      Paul,

While searching old threads regarding propane on SV engines, I found your post with a bunch of good related-experience.

A buddy inherited a truck with a IC392 and an Impco 425 setup. It runs, but fuel consumption is really high.

Is there a procedure for correctly setting both the idle mixture and cruise mixtures?

Impco hasn't been particularly forthcoming over the phone....

Also, I recently found that an ex-girlfriend lives Down Under in a town called Byron Bay. Is that anywhere near you?

Best,

scott
    3. Carl Howard
      Carl Howard
      Paul thanks for your help. My truck has the tinted window option and I have bought a NOS complete wind wing assembly for the right side. Now I'm looking for a match for the left side. The one I'm looking for is IH part number 347 870 C91 left side with tinted glass OR a new set of rubber vent wing seals. The rubber seal part numbers are 162 360 R1 (left side) and 162 361 R1 (right side) if the vent assembly's and or rubber seals can be bought there in Australia I might like to get my hands on all I can find within reason. They are very scarce here and no one is reproducing them.

Thanks again, Carl
    4. Carl Howard
      Carl Howard
      Paul, I have a question from the USA, I am in the process of re-building a very nice 1968 1200C Travelall. I have a few posts with pictures of my truck and have read in one of your posts (at least I think I did ) that the "C" body was used in Australia into the 80's. This brings me to the question.

Could you give me a list of Australian IH Dealers that might have some parts for my rig? I have an MT-118 parts catalog with part numbers. Did they use State side numbers in Australia? If so I can provide the numbers. I have two specific parts that I am looking for and a bunch of stuff on the wish list. Most of it is body related and used on all models of the 60 thru 68 pickup, Travelall, Loadstar.

I am in search of the right and left vent wing rubber seal or the complete wind wing assemblies. What ever it takes to get the rubber seal.

The one !968 specific part that I am looking for are the front fender side marker lamps. They might not have used them in Australia, I don't know. It is a single part that is used on both right and left fenders.

If you could help with a list of Dealerships that I could contact I would be very appreciative.

Regards, Carl Howard
    5. txase
      txase
      hey paul...dean here...what is the control box called that is on the firewall and directly to the right of the goldbox?...two sets of 2wires coming out of itmine is fried and i don't know what to ask for at the auto parts stores...my scout was running fine untill this box melted and dripped down on the tranny....77 scout 304 with electronic ignition...
  • About

Birthday:
    May 23, 1966 (Age: 51)
    Automotive Electrician - Mining industry
    City (for Classified search):
    Leinster
    Country (for Classified search):
    Other
    paul 45 y/o married with 2 sons and gained 2 daughters

automotive and computers

Signature

Paul "Misterfixit" Schulz
    Autoelec with 30+ years experience you got Starter issues??? Put a relay on it! As described in the FAQ - http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/showwiki.php?title=IH+Engine+Hot+Start+Fix+Aussie+Version

If you can work out the time difference, call me +61 0417 322 707 GMT + 11 hours!
  • Gallery Statistics

Number of Photos:
    Number of Comments:
    Number of Views:
    Disk space used:
      37.7MB
    Last Photo Uploaded:
    Last Comment Posted:
      DSC00065
      its a twin to3 turbo 351 cleveland powered sand drag racer