Greg R's Recent Activity

1. Greg R replied to the thread IH chest freezer not cooling down.

That frost on the wall is a great insight. Shooting from the hip; I'd say it was low on refrigerant charge. Generally there's no...

May 28, 2020 at 8:42 PM
  2. Greg R replied to the thread IH chest freezer not cooling down.

1. Does it never shut off? 2. Or does it cycle on and off? If it's 1, then either it's low on refrigerant or the cap tube/drier is...

May 28, 2020 at 2:53 PM
  3. Greg R replied to the thread T98 teardown and rebuild.

Permatex Type 2 is the best. I smear a thin layer in the front case bore for the counter shaft, then some on the end of the shaft...

May 25, 2020 at 12:19 PM
  4. Greg R replied to the thread wiring pointers for direct-to-battery connection.

I only swapped out my ammeter a few years ago for the main reason that most rebuilt alternators are 50 amp rated or more. The local...

May 24, 2020 at 9:37 PM
  5. Greg R replied to the thread wiring pointers for direct-to-battery connection.

I second Darrel's post. I've been using the military style for some years now. They're great hook ups for light to heavy loads as for...

May 24, 2020 at 1:50 AM
  6. Greg R liked Darrel's post in the thread wiring pointers for direct-to-battery connection.

I use Fastronix military style battery terminals. Easy to add accessories or to disconnect/change out a battery cable....

500x375_single_battery_2_1024xjpg.jpg May 24, 2020 at 1:45 AM